Friday, June 17, 2011

Successful concert!

What a great night of music and excitement. The students did such a great job and I was blown away by their professionalism and concentration throughout the night. The 5th grader orchestra has come so far from the beginning of this year and have now started to evolve into true musicians. I was moved by the choir's performance and so impressed by the great deal of emotion and passion as they sang their music. Thank you Devyn Rush for taking time out of your schedule to come and sing Rolling In The Deep with us. You were amazing and we love getting to know you better with every visit! Also, I wanted to thank the great musicians Lisa and Justin Pope for accompanying the choir on the guitar. The 6th grader orchestra continues to surprise me as I think back to their perform last spring and see how much they have grown and developed since that time. The 7th and 8th graders performance last night was nothing less than amazing. Their string rendition of All of the Lights by Kanye West and Thriller by Michael Jackson both surpassed my expectations.

Thank you students for being dedicated to your instruments and I encourage you to continue to study and develop your passion for music over the summer by signing up for a camp or taking a private lesson at your local music store.